As I mentioned in the last post, I have always said I would never start a blog. And in true form, here I am, eating my words. So why was I so sure that this was a road I would never travel? Lets start off with just a few:
1. I do not have it all together. Its not uncommon that the house is a mess and we’re ordering pizza for dinner. I know that no one really has it all together but posting our life for all to read about seems like it comes with a little extra pressure. In effort to take the pressure off from the start, here’s a little taste of what our house can look like on a regular day.
Back to the list.
2. I CAN NOT spell and rarely use or even understand correct grammar. Blogging feels a bit like I’m entering myself in the biggest online spelling test where everyone is the judge.
3. Its hard to remember to take pictures. I’m working on getting my camera out more often because – lets be honest – most of the time we read blogs just for the pictures. : )
4. My life might not be that exciting. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE it and I think its very exciting, but blog exciting? I hope so.
5. There is a list a mile long of things I want to get to. I keep convincing myself that I need to get everything done before I start something new.
6. Pictures of my hands probably shouldn’t be on the internet. It seems like no matter how much you try to avoid it, it happens. Chipped nail polish, un-moisturized, scraped up from crafting, it’s really not pretty. Yeesh
7. I never journal. There are few things more inspiring than a blank journal. But, there is stack of journals with no more than the first three pages filled lying under neath a thick layer of dust on my bookshelf, never to be written in again. (I have a hard time expressing myself in written word.)
8. None of my ideas are original. I love being creative but at the root, all of the things I do are inspired by something or someone else. I like being inspired by others but I would never want anyone to think I am claiming originality where there wasn’t.
9. Computers have been known to make me cuss. It’s true, I am cyber challenged. I took a computers class in high school but those of you who know me personally know that I never paid attention in class. Therefore, I really struggle when it comes to all things computer.
I know it sounds like I have little confidence and think I’m incapable, I don’t and I’m not. I’m just putting it all out there. I figure its best we all start off on the same page.
After all that you might be wondering what made me over look all of my very reasonable excuses and begin this new journey. After getting married and having our first baby I’m starting to fear that I’m going to blink and be 70 and we will one day look back and wonder how we got there. I am hoping that this blog will turn into a living document of our family. A place where we can look back and see the ways we have grown while being able to recall the precious memories that we made along the way.